Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC has transformed to be far more proactive, shifting from focussing on long term care and support to early intervention using the model with four key principles: – prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. Our mission is to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available to the adult, their families and carers. Ensuring they have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and, to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all.
As either a Social Worker registered with Social Work England or an HCPC registered Occupational Therapist you would work in a fast paced environment where we assess and review over the telephone, adhering to our four key principles of prevention, early intervention, enablement and safeguarding. You will act as a source of professional guidance and a mentor for staff within the Adult Social Care Connects Team who serve the needs of adult citizens in Essex.
The successful candidate will play a key part in leading the effectiveness of the team, ensuring that team members are fully trained, developed and motivated to provide an excellent customer journey.
The successful candidate will play a key part in supporting our Health colleagues with admission avoidance, handling urgent calls from the single point of access triage team.
Role specific accountabilities:
* Responsible and accountable for the management of adult related contacts to the authority and to respond by telephone/further investigation as necessary to enable appropriate decision making as to outcomes.
* Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached.
* Provide professional input and guidance into the assessment and service commissioning process.
* Support the Senior Practitioner in the development of the service and links with appropriate organizations, strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners.
* Provide effective and positive feedback on practice and development; which contributes to the formal process of supervision.
* Participate in the coaching and development of new and existing staff.
* Support the ASCC management team in the continual review of processes, practices and procedures to ensure consistency and that they meet the ASCC Service’s quality standards.
* Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting ECC’s interests.
* Develop a client centric approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
* Pro-actively influences in a range of planning, decision making and case discussions inter-agency.
* Work with families, communities and individuals to help people age well supporting the Council’s wider strategic aims.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives which are defined annually within the performance management framework.
About you* Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work (or CQSW, CSS or equivalent) or occupational therapy. Current registration with the appropriate professional governing bodies: Social Work England or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstratable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
* Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
* Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
* Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
* Understand the financial implications of commissioning support.
* Evidence of clear decision making in order to limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
To apply for this job please visit essexcc.taleo.net.